Noise and lights, flashes, or clicking sounds distract from the spirit of the service of worship. Guests will not be permitted to take photographs until after the ceremony. The worship service begins with the prelude.
Please print this screen and present it to your photographer and/or videographer so they may fully understand the guidelines of Wesley church.
The photographer may take photographs within these guidelines:
- Flash photographs may be taken of the bridal party during the processional as they start down the center aisle.
- After the processional is concluded, only photographs without flash may be taken providing there is NO noise, clicking sound or any other distraction. Use of auto-winding or motor-driven cameras during the ceremony is prohibited.
- Flash pictures may be taken during the recessional.
- Additional photographs may be taken with flash or other lighting equipment before the prelude begins or after the ceremony. The minister will gladly restage any portion of the ceremony for photographs afterward. Pictures with the minister need to be taken immediately after the conclusion of the service.
- Under NO circumstances should the photographer, members of the wedding party, or guests stand on the pews, kneeler, or chancel rail.
- The photographer should not move around during the ceremony. This is distracting to the worship service.
You are asked to give a copy of these guidelines to your photographer.
Use of a video camera is allowed following these guidelines:
- One camera may be placed in the right rear corner of the Chancel Choir area. It must remain stationary and unmanned.
- One camera can be used in the balcony or at the back of the church. It may, or may not, be manned.
- NO additional light bays may be used.
- Extra equipment may not be laid on the pews or anywhere that can be seen.
- Care must be taken to ensure there is no noise or other distraction during the ceremony.
- Audio will NOT be supplied from the church’s sound system for recording on a photographer’s video tape.
You are asked to give a copy of these guidelines to your videographer.